Saturday, November 1, 2008

A possible upside to a McCain victory?

With "Bomber John" McCain clawing his way back to life, like an IRS vampire which was not completely staked, I find myself desperately looking for some reason, any reason, to be glad if he wins.

I may have found one.

It occurs to me that Andrew Sullivan's head might simply explode if Barack Obama does not win the presidency. Failing that, maybe he'll just go back to his husband and cuddle, whimpering, for a few years.

At least that would spare us his peculiar variety of nose-in-the-wind "conservatism." (If anyone can explain to me the logic that led Sullivan to support Ron Paul, Rudolph Giuliani, John McCain AND Barack Obama, I would be grateful, as this is a task which I cannot master, and I've mastered the который clause!)

No comments: